treads and other questions

jdevlin

Hello folks-

Just curious-

Has anyone who has been working on vehicles gotten to any of the following stages:

1> actually importing an object into the game? I tried cheating by giving animation blocks a single stage of animation or by leaving the animation as the default ( i copied the thor's physicalobjectgroup) - but the game crashes when i try to load a map. I figure it must not like my models.

A simple mod that shows how to import a cube into the game would go a long way here.

2> Has anyone gotten to the stage where they animate the treads?

3> Once you have centered and textured your model, do you then build the collision models after that? IE, do the collision models need to correspond exactly with the object model? Kind of a silly question, but I'm having trouble keeping my models oriented correctly, and I'm trying to define a work flow.

Thanks for your patience-

-Joe

Okay well, I'm not having any luck.

I created collision models and set them up in the xml file, but the game continues to crash when I load a map. Investigation of the DropTeam.log file shows that the engine is complaining about the XML file being invalid:

PHYSICALOBJECTFACTORY: Loading ../data/120mmAP.physicalobjectgroup

PHYSICALOBJECTFACTORY: Loading ../data/120mmHEAT.physicalobjectgroup

PHYSICALOBJECTFACTORY: Loading ../data/120mmHE.physicalobjectgroup

CRITICAL: The XML file is not valid

As far as I can tell this is the result of adding my own model. Any advice?

-Joe

I spent a few hours tonight trying to validate my physicalobjectgroup against the schema - after ironing out a few errors, i noticed a few things:

As far as I can tell, CollisionModel is still not a valid tag, either in the schema that I can find in the data directory or in the schema available on the web.

after removing the collisionmodels from my physicalobjectgroup, the xml validated against the schema. running the game still caused a crash, when the "Caching Objects" step reaches 30%. The same error - "XML file is not valid" appears.

I'm tired tonight - I'll try again tomorrow. Thanks!

-Joe

[ September 14, 2006, 09:13 PM: Message edited by: jdevlin ]