No Scenarios After Patching

OK, please assume for a moment that some of us are not computer literate at all.

After tranferring all BMP and WAV files to appropriate places (using drag and drop, by the way) I then cut and pasted(as per a previous post above) the new CM application file to the CMBO file. I then deleted the old one. I created a NEW shortcut (Because using the old one resulted in version 1.00). However, when I hit the new shortcut and the game says it has loaded version 1.01, I now find I have absolutely no scenarios.

Can anybody explain (In simple, one syllable laymans terms) exactly how I am supposed to do this correctly.

I would like to add that I have patched many different games before and all those patches were self-installing, thus the current head-scratching.

Thank you.

"laterJohn," (if I may be silly for a moment) I used good ol' drag/drop for my patch install, and my stuff worked fine. Additionally, I made sure to erase all old shortcuts to the beta and Gold demo, AND the previous full-install of the full copy, BEFORE doing the patch. The reason is that, after I went from beta to Gold (all those months ago) my system kept starting the BETA, even though I was clicking the shortcut for the GOLD. So when it came time to install the full-copy, I made sure no shortcuts to any CM were available to confuse my system. I did the same when installing the patch; I killed both desktop shortcuts AND Start-menu buttons for CM. Then did drag/drop of the new .bmps and .wavs (into the BETA folder, OOPS! and had to do again), deleted completely the old .exe for CombatMission and drag/dropped the new .exe into the full-game folder.

If that works, you may have boogered something in the directory structure, in which case it's best to completely uninstall (save your saved games somewhere!) and then reinstall, and repatch.

DjB

John...I had the same problem. I had to delete the cm.exe file from the original CM folder and then copy the cm.exe from the patch into the original CM folder. Originally, I copied it in directly without deleting the original cm.exe assuming it would just overwrite it and I didn't see any scenarios. It was fine after I did the above.

Ghost

Guest Big Time Software

I don't think "cut and paste" is what you want.

Try this. Reinstall the game from CD to get a "clean" install.

Re-download the patch. Install it. Make sure you click-and-drag the NEW EXE onto the old EXE but hold down the SHIFT key while you do it. This moves the EXE in the proper way. Otherwise it will just move a "shortcut" and that is NOT what you want.

Charles