What are the chances Of

Dark_au

Hey Dev team,

What are the chances of a quick world check mode in the game engine. Doing the work outside is ok but when it comes to wanting a quick look at the world it is quite time consuming. What I would like personally is a mode that can be launched from command line. Where in it when you load all you get is the world file without all of the other frills. That is it allows you to just free roam around the world you are working on and check object placement. I know you can do this by loading the mission itself with no bots but its tedious to have to load the interface and then the mission with all the assiociated AI and effects loading.

You can run DT in windowed mode, so you can work on your map and test at the same time.

Also, DT seems to reload the files when you start a scenario (it certainly does for mods). So no need to restart the game.

Unchecking texture caching saves a _lot_ of time for loading the mission.

I estimated its under a minute for the change - test cycle once you are set up.

You can also do this to go straight into the scenario without fussing with the lobby.

First, edit ScenarioList.dat in your \data directory so that your new scenario is at the top of the list. Then run this from the command line in the \bin directory (assuming Windows)

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">DropTeamP4Release.exe -enterlobby false -hostmode standalone -cachetextures false</pre>