Scenario XML Schema

Grappler

This is the XML schema file file for scenarios. Please use this file to validate your scenarios.

The document in the other topic may eventually become out of date. It is our intention to keep all the documentation in this schema, even though that means the documentation will be harder to read.

When I have completed the documentation, we will also publish a complete set of HTML schema documentation.

And before someone says our scenario files don't validate against this schema, we know. The next release will have new scenario files that do validate.

[ June 27, 2006, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: Grappler ]

Schema define an XML data structure and constrain the inputs within the XML. It is like a proofing document.

Programs like XML Spy Home Edition here allow you to validate an XML data file (like the scenario files) against a know standard (the XML Schema file).

Without this validation, you could spend a lot of time working on a scenario file, encounter an error, and not be able to find the error. The schema validation uncovers most errors.

[ June 27, 2006, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: Grappler ]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Found one for Linux: 'mlview' (sorry, no url - its an ubuntu package so should be available everywhere).

It can view, edit and validate xml files. Looks pretty simple.

Just for fun I tried to validate the raid.scenario with the above mentioned xsd. I got an error in the 'ConcealmentFactor' node which it didn't expect.

There is another xsd in the /data directory which is the same file as above though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe I'm missing something. I have the following file, as downloaded today, 11th September, from http://tbgsoftware.com/scenario.xsd

This schema doesn't have DeploymentZone as a child of GameType. Take a look at HouseToHouse.scenario for an example of DeploymentZone and then try and validate that document against the scenario.xsd. It complains about an invalid child node for GameType.

Cheers,

Toby Haynes