Mac Install Problem

Got my copy of CMBB through the post this morning and couldn't wait to try it out as I loved the demo.

Went through the installation routine into my usual Mac OS 9.2.2 partition and got the "installation successful" message at the end. However when I went to launch I got the "Openplay could not be found" message and no further. Tried reinstalling on a 12Gb partition with nothing else on it except a clean OS 9.2.2 with the same result. Despair! Any Ideas anyone?

The CMBB folder that gets created contains: CM Barbarossa to Berlin[classic application], Data Folder filled with BMP's, Quick Battle Maps folder[empty], Scenarios Folder filled with .cme files, TEMP CMBB Installer Marker[Apple SimpleText Document].

I'm on a G4 733 normally running OSX 10.2.6 [i installed CMBB while running 9.2.2] with 768Mb ram , 40Gb & 80Gb internal HD's. The graphics card is a 32Mb ATI - not sure which model, system profiler gives card model as ATY,RV200.

Can anyone save me from my frustations.

Unadroitly yours, Crayon167

Hi,

Should be in the CMBB folder an 'OpenPlayLib' 36kb file as well as as folder called 'OpenPlay Modules' containing two files 'AppleTalk' and 'TCP_IP' (totaling 160kb)

If the install has gone awry I can e-mail them over to you. (check my profile)

[ June 19, 2003, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: Wicky ]

mail sent

You should have a CMBB Folder containing:

CM Barbarossa to Berlin (don't forget to download the updates in order from 1.01 through to 1.03 if needed & ass' BMPs)

Data - Folder

OpenPlay Modules - Folder

OpenPlayLib - File

Scenarios - Folder

Other folders will be created when you get going for PBEM and Saved Games

Get some superb and useful mods and fill that HD up -

Enjoy

Originally posted by crayon167:

Hi Wicky

Wow, what a speedy response, that would be great if you don't mind.

Can you send them to crayon167@yahoo.co.uk

thanks again

Thanks for those Wicky, no luck though and i now know why. After you mentioning the 'TEMP CMBB Installer Marker' file I quickly checked the size of the CMBB folder as installed. It is a massive 16Mb!! Slightly smaller than I expected [considering the Demo is nearly 10 times that]. Totally baffled. The installer ran for a good 45 minutes and, as I said, gave the "installation successful" message, so where did it all go?

It must have failed to start the next part of the installation. I never had that happen, but it sounds like that is what has happened. Do you have any virus scanners on while you are installing? That might cause a problem. BTW the total install should be 1.2 GBs so yeah 16 is a little low.

[ June 19, 2003, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: Panzerman ]

I had the problem where if my Mac went to sleep as it installed, it would later claim to have finished installing, but only use 16M disk space. Your problem sounds similar. I ended up turning off all the power saving stuff for the duration of the install

is this the classic rave problem?

do you have a OSX install on that partition?

is there a "classic Rave" extension active in your extensions

make it not active and fire up CMBB that "should" do it

(I may have the symptoms mixed up and that might not

actually be the problem)

any other idea's

-tom w

Thanks everyone, seem to have got it working. Ran the individual data installers on top of the files I already had and that seemed to add the bulk of the installation including the OpenPlay modules but not the OpenPlayLib itself. Then I ran the complete installer again over the top of the lot and it seems to have worked properly[haven't fully tested it yet but it launches OK]. mcbeth, the sleep situation sounds possible as certainly my screen went off a couple of times during the install. Though it also did it during this last install maybe the fact that I already had the files from the previous installs kept the process going. Who Knows? I'm happy!

Cheers again all, see you on the Eastern Front soon

Crayon