Providing decent information on crashes?

Is there a dial-home-on-crash facility built into DropTeam? I seem to remember a comment in the forums somewhere to that effect.

As an "early adopter" I want to make sure that these crashes get nailed as fast as possible. If you need extra information about crashes, what should we be providing? Or is it all automated and we don't have to worry about the nitty gritty.

Cheers,

Toby Haynes

That's correct on Windows, Kurtz, but Toby doesn't see that box because he's running on Linux. In your case, Toby, it doesn't dump core because the SDL_Parachute deploys (without which your X Server would be left in a sorry state after the crash). If you're interested and willing to run a build without the parachute, which will produce a core dump when it crashes, then please email me. I'll send you a build like that and whenever it crashes you can give me the core dump for debugging. Thanks a lot for taking the time to try to help identify and fix the problem!

Originally posted by ClaytoniousRex:

If you're interested and willing to run a build without the parachute, which will produce a core dump when it crashes, then please email me. I'll send you a build like that and whenever it crashes you can give me the core dump for debugging. Thanks a lot for taking the time to try to help identify and fix the problem!

I'm happy to run a build without the parachute - I have various utilities to recover the X server at the right resolution and get a working mouse back, so I don't even have to cycle the xserver if things bomb. That might tell you that I have run a lot of pre-release software...

If you need my email address, you might be able to extract it from my profile on this bulletin board or I can email you it. Just let me know where to get the special build :) I don't think it will fit in my Inbox if it is more than 3.5Mb compressed.

Cheers,

Toby Haynes