How to reduce the effect of experience

Somewhere in this site I remember reading a comment that experience was too important in one of the MODs... and a request was made to limit experience.

I was having a close look at the editor a couple of days ago and

I believe there is a way to reduce the effect of experience through MODs by editing the Combat Values.

When you increment the Attack and Defense Values of a unit, this has the effect of reducing the effect of experience. Say you double the attack and defense strengths of all infantry and tank units... this will half the effect of experience. It will also half the effect of Terrain Defense Bonus... but you can edit those as well.

...mhm, weapons increase also has the effect of increasing combat value, so it also increases lethality.

If this is correct a combat between two equally matched level 2 infantry units will be a lot more deadly than a combat between two equally matched level 0 infantry units. Ibid tanks, and, aircraft. Is this correct? Is this desirable?