Hi guys. Trying to shift cells and having issues

Hello everyone. Been a while since I've been on and I have a question...

I'm trying to work from the premade 1939 Fall Weiss scenario. I'd ike to make a 1938 scenario with a much different diplomatic and miltiary setup that the campaign game currently has. To do this I want to add cells to the US area (which worked fine), and I want to addional cells to both the North and South (Icelan/Africa). So I add 8 cells, and then shift it approrpriately but it seems to break a whole bunhc of scripts even though I ask the game to auto-adjust scripts to fit the new spaces. It's not working well

Any hints?

Here's what I did.

1. Fresh install of SC2.

2. Installed patch 1.04

3. Load up 1939 Fall Blau

4. "Save as" - "custom 1938"

5. Add 10 cells - cells are added to bottom of screen.

6. Then I want to shift the map down ~4 cells so I have blank area at both the top and bottom of the map.

7. - I get all kiknds of "scripts need to be updated" comments.

Thanks! smile.gif

Japinard, I just tried this in v1.04 using your same steps and it worked fine... what values did you enter in step 6? Also did you select 'Yes' when asked to update the related scripts?

Any more information will be helpful in tracking down what might be the problem. Also I would suggest taking a look at the Editor Help File as it has some good notes on how to shift contents etc.

Wow, I spent all night working on this the night I posted and had the same issue every single time. Probably 30 times in a row! Now, as I go to document it super carefully for you... it works perfectly! The only thing I did differently was editing the y-axis first instead of the x-axis.

I'm pretty swamped at the moment, but when I get a chance I'll go back and see if I can see what dumb mistake I was making... or if it was the editing of one axis vs. the other first made a difference. Here's what I did that worked flawlessly (listed for my future reference) smile.gif

1. Open “1939 Fall Weiss” in editor.

2. “Save as” Test 1939.

3. Edit Map Size.

4. Change 38 to 46.

5. Shift Map Contents.

6. Vertical Shift (y-axis).

7. 5 @ 0 -> 40.

8. Warning message…This action will reslt in data loss from tiles (*,41) -> (*,45)

9. Update related scripts? Yes.

--------------

10. Edit map size

11. 140 to 144.

12. Shift contents.

13. Horizontal Shift (x-axis)

14. 2 @ 0 -> 141.