Minor Mayhem

I was wondering about editing a game were you could play as the minor countries but still be neutral.

Even picking a certain area like the scandinavia minors, spain, turkey, Balkan minor (german ones more so), Canada. So you just play these and have fun seeing if you help or not even going back to neutral if you can. Also the minors will need better income either through the cities get double then normal or something.

I think it would be fun to play as spain and conquer portugal and look at attacking vichy.

when i mention those i hope i was clear as they are groups not control all. Because some countries have more than others like just spain, while scandinavia I think would be better as all. I think it would be possible just have the funds go to a spot so when you go into build you can see them just not on the magor income screen.

Well, you would have to make one of the major powers into a minor, and move the country into that spot, which means you would be in the war on one side or the other.

I would probably exchange Italy and Spain, but that would be a major upgrade, as Spaniards don't run away at the drop of a hat. Italian troops as a minor power would be an upgrade too, they could be real lackeys to Germany then.

yeah i played it a year ago once because i didnt know how to save in the dos emulator and had some problems understanding unit strenght and stuff lol.

Also I didnt know how to use ships which first scared me about sc1 and got me to this game. Was looking around and saw how similar it was and was pleased shipping was easy so i got it.

I'd love to see the ability to "unlock" the "FOW" over a neutral/inactive country once it hits a certain diplomacy percentage, and allow the closely allied player to begin moving the minor country units. The opponent would still only see the standard neutral/inactive blank map.

Example: Due to political pressure, Germany gets a big diplomacy hit and gets Turkey to 85% towards Axis. Since they are so closely aligned to Germany, the Axis player is able to view all grayed out (sprite color) neutral/inactive Turkish units and move the land units! The Allied player sees the spike in diplomacy, but can only guess as to where the units may be. Of course, the units could only be moved within their own country and don't become active (or entrench) until fully joined. If the percentage drops below 85%, the units return to their original position and both sides see only the standard blank country.

But I'm pretty sure some of the old grognards like Bill and Dave already have this on their wish list for Hubert! If not, I'd love to see it!