Mac ATI 7500 dual exit question

Hi

In my continuing quest to shrink my computer corner, I am now considering Plan B. This is the cheapo solution which let's me keep 'The Tank', my old G4/400, and buy an LCD screen instead of the current CRT cinema display. I have an ATI 7500 32MB card installed, which is very nice for CM, although a bit on the slow side. I believe (will check when I get home) that it has two exits, ADC and VGA. Could I directly connect say, an LG L1740PQ 17 inch Flatron TFT Monitor to the card and would it run okay?

Also, does anyone have suggestions for a 19" LCD screen in the €300-350 range? When I had a PC I used an LG screen and was quite happy with it.

Cheers

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Formac Gallery 1900 Xtreme TFT Display DVI & ADC I recommend it after having got the 2010 model or here www.ebuyer.com (with reviews) - this latest model is DVI only so you'll need an adaptor.

You should be able to connect your 17" DVI TFT monitor to your ADC card mac if you use a Belkin Monitor adaptor

Looks like the Radeon® 7500 Mac Edition (OEM version) only has ADC...

DISPLAY CONFIGURATIONS

Apple flat panel on ADC*

Standard CRT monitor on VGA

Apple CRT monitor on ADC*

Apple ADC flat panel* plus standard CRT

Apple ADC CRT* plus standard CRT

* Non-Apple Digital Flat Panels can be substituted for ADC displays using 3rd party ADC to DVI adapter

Enjoy

[ February 09, 2006, 05:49 AM: Message edited by: Wicky ]