Condition Position

A question for Hubert or any other scripting experts:

I have noticed that the CONDITION POSITION lines for some of the scripts seem to be overly restrictive.

For example, the Sealion scripts typically read:

x,y (being London) (1,1) (1,1) (2)

By my understanding, this will trigger an increase in activation for USSR, USA etc. if a minimum of one Axis unit and a maximum of one Axis unit is one tile away from London. Shouldn't the line maybe be broadened to be a minimum of one Axis unit but a maximum of 99 (basically no maximum) within 0 to 1 tiles of London?

My reasoning is that with the original script, if there are two Axis units one hex away from London or the Axis have one unit IN London, the event will not trigger.

I have noticed this on many of the original event scripts.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually all this is saying is if there is at least 1 unit within the vicinity of the target in order for the script to be satisfied.

If you specify 1-99 then a random number would be selected from 1-99 and then this would be the minimum number of units needed in order to satisfy the condition and this would not be desirable if you want the condition to happen whenever there is at least 1 unit within at least 1 tile of the target.