Help Hubert

Honch,

I'm actually reworking some of the scripts for a future patch as I noticed the same thing... essentially I had originally designed the scripts to do very specific things and then started adding more control to each script type as needed.

Now I think additional (generic) control would be a good idea in order to allow the most flexibility and not limit the imaginative possibilities smile.gif

Exactly Hubert, you could probably make one script format that would cover any event. The ability to use dummy variables would cancel out those lines that are not used for a specific event.

For example, at the least, every script should have:

NAME

POPUP

PICTURE JPG image to be added to the popup

SOUND WAV file to be played with the popup

DATE (date that must be satisfied in the game for the event to occur)

FAIL_SAFE-DATE (date that will trigger the event regardless of if any other conditions are satisfied)

COUNTRY_ID Owner of the event

TRANSFER_ID Country Receiving the territory and/or unit

TRIGGER % Chance of Event Occuring

VARIABLE_CONDITION (eg. Italy Politically Aligned with Axis and Not Surrendered, Greece DOW'd upon by Axis and Not Surrendered) AND Logic

CONDITION_POSITION (units within a certain range of a designated tile) OR Logic

MAP_POSITION