Enhanced Axis AI now Available at cmmods.com

Hmmmm.. what are you using to unzip? Have you tried just pulling the files onto the desktop and then moving them into the campaigns file? Does the error message actualyl prevent you from playing the game? I've downloaded a few scenarios where it gave me a customization error message and then the scenario played perfectly fine anyways.

As a last resort:

1. Go into the scripts file, and remove the entire AI folder.

2. Make a new copy of the Fall Weiss campaign in the editor and call it whatever you like.

3. Replace the AI folder in this campaign with the one pulled from the .zip file.

4. Upload the scripts using the editor. No need to touch the events scripts they are identical in original version.

Using this method you will not get the few map changes I made, and if you wish you can make them yourself in the editor.

Guys...the folder containing the script files needs to be renamed is all. Look in the campaigns folder. There should be a leading underscore "_E" in front of the "E". It is missing. Also, the is a missing underscore in front of the 1.02 after the word patch. Add that underscore as well. Change the folder name and you are good to go.

First try, i just pulled them out onto desktop, then just pasted into campaign folder---got error message.

Second try, unzipped str8 into campaign folder--got error message.

Third try, i deleted the events folder, then just added the one from original 39 campaign folder--got same error. So i just don't get it. Anyway, what exactlly did u change within the map? Its obvious that im gonna have to try your last resort. Just a quick note: the scenario still runs, after the errors, just that its a unecessary annoyance..

Disregard my last post...hehe

NormalDude, i was wondering if you could list your e-mail address. I am currently working on a 1946-? campaign, and would be honored if you might help me with some of the scripts. I have the map ready, and some of the Naval units. Was wondering if u could take a look, and see what you think?

Normal Dude - I have a question or two. Your scripting is impressive, in quantity as well as quality so if my questions are off-base please let me know. Given that there is no Global Variable your use of garrison tiles was unique. Now, each garrison has a fixed % change of happening - all on the same date. Question 1 - why did you use a date instead of a surrender check on Paris (for the Scand scripts)? Anyway...say two of the checks roll their number and two garrisons are placed. Now, the next turn you check each garrison and select a plan (right?) but you also cancel each plan if the other garrison tiles are occupied. Question 2 - if two of the decision scripts are successful, does it result in the subsequent calcellation of both by the cancellation?

[ June 18, 2006, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: rclawson007 ]

Vic...there was also a missing convoy.txt file in the events folder. It is the same as the default 1939 so just copy that one over. That was mentioned above, but I thought maybe you did not see the post. If you did both these things...then you have a new issue. Sorry I can't help. smile.gif

rclawson

The only one that will cancel based on another decision position is that the Med plan will not activate if a Sealion plan is activated, because that would spread AI troops too thin.

The Scandinavia and Med plans can activate together, as can the Sealion and Scandinavia.

Also, the garrisons will cancel themselves as soon as they arrive. Since the plans they activate will kick in the next turn, this means that the decision position only needs to be occupied for that one turn.

I did not set the plans to activate based on French surrender because the AI can sometimes take it's sweet time taking Paris, and by the time they could reposition forces it might be autumn and weather goes to hell.

Vic,

I made only three changes to the scenario besides the AI scripts:

1. Modified French tank stats.

2. Added an Italian HQ to North Africa.

3. Added a few subs to german production line.

Honestly I don't know what your problem is, as I can't replicate it.

PM sent to you w/ my email address.

Thanks ND. I get it now. I had thought the intent to be mutually exclusive. As far as timing...yea you are correct. I was thinking in terms of commencing operations sooner, but provided the units are available without the fall of Paris then its clearly the best design. Thanks again...

Hi Normal Dude

Been playing your mod for a few nights and i have to say great job on the AI! I'm in late 42, the Germans got real close to getting Moscow, i invaded Portugal with the Americans and the AI transferred 5 units to Spain! That really hurt them with there drive on Moscow. Also they tried a Sealion in late 41, which i easily crushed! There's a lot of good things with your mod, Sweden attacking Norway, the AI using diplomacy wisely, upgrading and researching of units. Also the Axis AI uses it's Navy alot better than the Allied AI, i hope Hubert fixes that problem soon! Thanks again for your hard work smile.gif . By the way i played on max levels and i'm going to keep playing!

Mustang

Thanks rclawson007 got the mod working, great job on the mod Normal Dude! Sealion attempts in April '42 (landed 6 corps, 1 tank), Spain joined (Winter '40-41), Germany sent numerous troops to North Africa (Axis HQ, 3 armies, 2 corps), Italy had 4 armies with HQ in North Africa, AI took Norway. The AI can really be surprising! Keep up the great work. Thanks!