Spanish Invasion Notes, Questions and Answers

1st. What is the best way to ensures that a HQ and air units is assigned to an Offensive Operation.

Why? I have a Spanish invasion offensive with 10 German units and no HQ or Air Units were attached. I will try moving the Offensive script to the top of the list of offensive scripts.

Suggestion: Air Priority and HQ Priority parameter for Offensive Plans - plans with a higher HQ priority would be assigned a HQ before other assignments.

Format: HQ Priority= Priority [min,max number of HQ units assigned to plan]

Example: HQ_Priority= 9 [1,1]

Example: Air_Priority= 3 [0,1]

2nd, In first two tests of Spanish invasion the German forces advanced and then retreated, advanced and retreated. I assume that this is because once they are out of supply they retreat to a tile in supply (in France).

[ June 09, 2006, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

At what point do you assign this plan, i.e. is Germany active in any other area or is this just after the Fall of France?

I think it should assign Ok after the Fall of France but perhaps not so well if Barbarossa has already kicked off. With a few more details I might be able to narrow this down and make the necessary generic corrections.

HC, many thanks. I will look at my scripts tonight (and will look at the Barbarossa scripts for their dates) and let you know. Basically, I am assigning the plan after Vichy is conquered. (I.e. Take Paris - Vichy Plan(Offensive Length 1 turn) - then Spanish Plan.

Since it takes 2 turns to take Vichy (I am working on getting it down to one). I will try assigning the plan at the same time Vichy Offensive is triggered, but will give it a length of 3 so that its triggers after vichy is conquered.