Patch 2 Suggestions - Script Related

01. Add Planning Script for Moving/Operating Air Units

Why? So I can move my UK bomber and Air unit to Egypt or operate my Air Unit in Egypt to the UK if the situation deteriorates, instead of having it automatically retreat to Jordan and wait to be destroyed.

Example:

#Type = 4 (Move/Operate Air Units)

02. Add Planning Script for Moving Naval Units so AI Navies can ambush and destroy Italian navy when Italy enters the war.

#TYPE = 5 (Move Naval Units)

03. Add Research Script for Reclaiming Tech Chits. Example: Reclaim German Tech chit in Rockets at Game start because German AI is not scripted to build rockets. Example: Germany reclaims tech chits when Warsaw falls to Soviet Army.

04. Add Global Variable. :rolleyes:

05. Convoy Scripts to control amount of MPPs sent to allies, taking into account if there have been any convoy losses and if so then allow convoys to be stopped for a randomly selected number of turns (to minimize losses) before resuming.

Example:

3[50][30][0,3] - Convoy from USA at 50% of max allowed (50% x Max for US of 30% = 15%) stops for 0 to 3 turns when convoy losses exceed 30% of amount in convoy.

1[100][50][1,1] - Convoy from UK at 100% of max allows (100% x Max for UK of 40% = 40%) stops for 1 turn when convoy losses exceed 50%.

[ June 05, 2006, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

06. Garrison Unit Type parameter that allows scriptor to determine priority of which units are assigned tol garrison a specific tile (i.e. Armor then Army then Corps) vs. (Corps then Army then Armor). This will allow for a scripted stronger defense of specific tiles/cities. Example: I always have the French Armor unit entrench in Paris as a Human player. There is no way to do this with the AI.

07. Plan for changing execution order of Diplomacy, Research, Upgrading/Reinforcing and Production scripts by Nation

Example for France

Turn 1-2: Diplomacy 1st then Reinforcing Upgrading then Production

Turn 3-4: Production then Reinforcing/Upgrading then Diplomacy then Research

Turn 5+: Reinforcing/Upgrading then Production

In my view the two most importants improvements needed for better scripting are;

1. Global/Country Variable - so that the execution of all scripts - plans, research, diplomacy and production can be linked within and across countries.

Example:

GV= 1

Germany uses diplomacy on Spain, Italy uses diplomacy on Spain

GV= 2

German research is focused on Submarine Warfare (via research script with parameter #GV=2 and Germany is more likely to produce subs (via a production script with parameter #GV= 2)

Format of might be something like:

Global Variable Script

{

#NAME= Axis Opening Strategy

#POPUP=

#FLAG=

#TYPE=

#Country_ID= 3 ; For Country of USA

#TRIGGER=

#LEVEL=

#DATE= 1941/01/01

; The Range of GV checks must cover the full range of 1 to 100 in sequential order]

#GV= 1 [1,10] ; 10% GV=1

#GV= 2 [11,50]; 40% GV=2

#GV= 3 [51,51]; 1% GV=3

#GV= 4 [52,100]; 49% GV=4

#FRIENDLY_POSITION=

;Variable condition would allow a set of GVs to change based on the status of various countries.

#VARIABLE_CONDITION= 2 [2][100][1]

Research Script #1

#Flag= 1

#TRIGGER= 30

#GV_Condition= 3 [1]; Country ID [Global Variable Value]

2. Execution Priority - so that the order of script (planning, research, production and diplomacy) execution can be changed.

Thus, you would have scripts for; Planning, Research, Diplomacy, Production, Global Variable and Execution Order

The Global Variable would always execute first, followed by the Execution Order Script which determines the execution order of the remaining scripts.

[ June 09, 2006, 08:12 AM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

HQ Priority and Air Priority for Offensive Plans

HQ and Air units are assigned first to plans with higher priority.

Format: HQ Priority= Priority [min,max number of HQ units assigned to plan]

Example: HQ_Priority= 9 [1,1]

Example: Air_Priority= 3 [0,1]

--------------------------------

What I would like to see is a parameter where you can only steal units from scripts rated lower than yours. The [script priority] sets the rank of a script

Example:

#Steal=3 [2] - with a default of zero. This means that this steal script will steal from any script ranked under 2 - i.e. 1 or 0.

#Steal=1 [0] - means that this script can't steal from any other scripts.

#Steal= 5 [0]- means that this script can steal units from any script ranked 4 or less.

Example:

Greece Script

#SIZE= 3

#STEAL= 3 [1]

Gibraltar Script

#SIZE= 3

#STEAL= 3 [2]

German Invasion of Russia Script

#SIZE= 20

#STEAL= [5]

Since the Gibraltar script is ranked higher than the Greece script, it can steal units from the Greece script while the Greece script can't steal units from the Gibraltar script. The German invasion script will steal from all other scripts.

[ June 12, 2006, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]