Help with tile_map.dat

I created a new blank map and exported the tile data .

It ends up in a file called tile_map.dat

I was hoping to be able to create a map by modifying this file and then inporting it back into the editor but I can't figure out the layout. I thought it would be in a human readable format since it is created with the 'export' command.

What I'm looking for is a way to import tile info from a file that I generate so I can take a map, run it through a program and have it create a first cut of the map that I can then import into the editor as a starting point.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

LampCord,

No need to edit the file by hand. There are a few ways to do this, you can create a blank map and edit it using the Editor to however you like, really the easiest way to do this, and then export the file for later use.

Then whenever you would like to reuse that tile data, simply create a new blank map, the same size as the originally exported file, and then choose the import option and you have the originally exported map.