Sort vehicle list

poesel

You get used to it after a while but its still very awkwardly sorted.

The turrets, sensors and mines should be together at the end of the list. You need them least and then they don't clutter the list.

Above that the special vehicles: commander, cutter and hermes.

Above that the two hovercrafts, then the heavy tracked, light tracked and finally at the top the wheeled ones.

Makes more sense (at least for me smile.gif

I would tend to agree, as one has to specifically read the list to find the vehicle you are looking for. It would also be nice if each section started with lighter, recce type vehicles and then proceeds to the heavier vehicles.

Good suggestion.

Agreed... How about replacing the drop-down list with a GUI window using icons, in a later version? The icon would just have a recognizable profile image of the vehicle and the name/weapon. Single click could bring up some more detail on your selection, and double-click would start the drop. Things could be spatially sorted in the window, one column for sensors, one for wheeled, one for tracked, etc...

You can click the different subfields to sort them somewhat differently. Name, role, ect. I don't like most of the assortments, though. Sorting by speed might work for what you want (but I haven't tried), I think it will put all the turrets in N/A...