Great game!

Bonxa

This important fact seems to have been missed in the efforts to solve problems with the game. I've just spent a few hours online and have been enjoying myself thoroughly. Pings were in the 200-400 range which is a bit high but quite playable actually.

I had my doubts at first about the vehicle mix but I find almost all units fun and interesting to play. The Shrike and Hurricane are clear favorites so far. As we all learn how this game comes together I hope to see some more team play as well. smile.gif

Looking forward to more long range sniping and short range furballs!

[Running flawlessly on an Acer Aspire 5024: Turion 1.8GHz, 1GB RAM and an ATI X700]

Agreed. Downloaded the demo and was impressed. Only problem so far is that there are hardly any servers up and i'll assume most not in Europe.

Well I may have to install it on my server. Trying to find a decent download place for the game is proving to be hard. Is there going to be a smaller download of the dedicated server?

Thanks

My son and I have been playing this for hours. Great game. Couldn't figure out how to get a LAN game going with a quick glance at the manual so we shrugged and joined an online game. Was a great experience.

Los

I think you have to fire up a dedicated server with the multiplayer test release. I think the "server+client" at the same time was mentioned to be coming with the actual release (thought I saw that in the docs somewhere).

I think you can probably run both the dedicated server and then the client, but the hosted games seem to be as confused as the game my brother and I were playing. ;)

The Shrike and Hurricane are clear favorites so far.
Things change drastically on other scenarios, though. For example, the Hurricane is a real beast to use in low gravity or on terrain with lots of steep slopes. When playing on various planets, the relative value of different unit types changes dramatically.

Yeah! The Hurricane is fun, but getting up the slopes on the "green" world can be a bit frustrating. But it's great on the icy fields where wheeled vehicles just spin.

The Shrike is pretty fun too! It looks like a radio-controlled car when it bounces arond. :D