Let's get this iMac problem fixed!

I am annoyed that I cannot play CM on my brand new iMac. Based on my experiences and what others have posted the problem appears to be with the ATI RAGE128 3d Accelerator 5.8.8 extension that has shipped with the newest versions Macs.

I contacted ATI and they said to contact Apple. I contacted apple and the tech person said that this was the first report of this problem. I suggest that everyone interested in getting this problem fixed should call Apple's support line and mention that this is a problem. The number is 1-800-500-7078. If enough people call they might actually take the problem seriously.

However, in an earlier post BTS said they might develop a work around. Is this really possible?

Warren

Warren is right. Playing CM on a brand-new iMac is a real pain. I am surprised, that no one at Apple knew about it, since I posted this bug several times to Apple Germany.

Also, it is time for BTS and ATI to come around with a real working solution for it. Unless this solution comes, I can no longer recommend buying CM and the following for iMac users (brand new ones).

• 4 weeks later...