Will help Battlefront a bit more to this project when CM:SF gets out?

Cid250

Will be great if Battlefront increases his collaboration and support with the development of this fantastic game, after the release of CM:SF.

Surely CM:SF will need work in future patchs, etc... but a bit of help for the CMC project can benefit also to CM:SF in the future...

May be will be a good idea to build CMC thinking not only in the First combat mission engine, but also in this second generation.

They should release the CMC for second world war series (CMBB), and after that, they should adapt it to the CM:SF to build modern campaigns!!!.

With the time, Battlefront will need to build a new WWII game, and will be much easier to have already a CMC game that works with the new engine to make the launch of the next generation WWII series almost simultaneous.

Isn't it?.

I sincerely hope not.

CMC, let's face it, is a lost cause. The only outcome I see for a game that's been this long in development with no meaningful news to speak of is for it to be released in a very flawed state to a band of die hard fans who will work for another 5 years with the developers to iron out all the glitches.

I'd much prefer to see BFC putting all their resources into developing further CMx2 modules than to see them bogged down with that kind of stuff.

Originally posted by Sgt_Kelly:

.....is for it to be released in a very flawed state to a band of die hard fans who will work for another 5 years with the developers to iron out all the glitches....

You bet!

Count me in!

smile.gif

CMx2 modules about modern war sucks... this fake syrian-USA engagement will not sell as much as a CMC based on WWII. The reason is the European market.

Some Europeans like me, have preordered CM:SF just to support the company... a fake war in a modern environment with asymmetric forces doesn't appeal to much people here.

Expect very few sales in the following CM:SF modules that expand the modern war fantasy scenario... since a lot of Europeans will not buy that crap.

I'm just throwing out a hypothesis here but if BFC develops an excellent, real-time, RTS game exploring tactics used in the Middle East then it is possible that the US Military-Industrial-Entertainment Complex might be interested in having the talented BFC staff design some missions for training troops headed for such areas. Before you scoff at this hypothesis I seem to remember a few years ago that New Zealand or Australia employed BFC in such a fashion. We all know that the US MIE Complex has a much larger pot o' gold to tap for such services so kudos to BFC for trying to get some of my tax dollars. Good luck!

Originally posted by Cid250:

CMx2 modules about modern war sucks... this fake syrian-USA engagement will not sell as much as a CMC based on WWII. The reason is the European market.

I agree that CM:SF's setting has little appeal in Europe - I've bought it, but only because a WW2 scenario is going to follow at some point in the future.

And that's exactly why I disagree with the second part - now that there's a CM2 engined game out there interest in CM1 is going to be dropping, and I bet once a WW2 module is out it'll go down even further.

Far better would be for them to make a generic CMC engine that would cope with save games from CM1 and CM2, probably by using some sort of plugin system to transform the data to and from those games (or other ones like ToW for that matter). Widest possible appeal and if they haven't taken any sort of account of that during the development of CMC and CM:SF then a big error in the game design IMHO.

Have fun

Finn

Well, after playing with the complete CMSF, i consider this new product a lot worse than CMBB and CMAK.

The lack of a good design with WEGO as core of the game, makes CMSF a bad wargame product. And even if they include WEGO over TCP/IP in the future, it will be still a bad wargamer product.

I doesn't expect much of any WWII product based on the CMSF engine... since they developed the core of the engine with real time in mind, and we lost the "blue bar" of Thinking IA in the WEGO turns... they now just calculate the thing in real time even in WEGO, and that sucks!.

So... the WWII standard for the true "wargamer" will still be CMBB and CMAK for the next 5 years at least...

In the mean time, Combat Mission Campaings, can calm our "PAIN" as wargamer community.. since i will not buy any of the things based on the current CMSF design even if they return to WWII because the old CMBB and CMAK are much better than any design born with realtime in mind as first gameplay feature.