Your orders Sir!

Portero

From reading the FAQ and this forum I am being led to understand that you can take charge of any or all ME's in a campaign. In other words rather than take charge of a whole side you could play the campaign using just that lonely Aufklarungs Kompanie ME, and the OpAI would give you orders/objectives/etc. Is this true?

I think true, except that you would move your lone ME on the Op map as well as conduct it's CMBB battles. The CMC AI would move the ai-controlled units on the Op map, but you would have to auto-resolve the battles between those ME's, or fight the CMBB battles yourself as there's no CMBB ai-vs-ai option.

Originally posted by Renaud:

I think true, except that you would move your lone ME on the Op map as well as conduct it's CMBB battles. The CMC AI would move the ai-controlled units on the Op map, but you would have to auto-resolve the battles between those ME's, or fight the CMBB battles yourself as there's no CMBB ai-vs-ai option.

Excellent! I've really been enjoying MMG's Bull Run, which has a similar system. The big plus of CMC is the coop multiplayer.

Originally posted by Portero:

From reading the FAQ and this forum I am being led to understand that you can take charge of any or all ME's in a campaign. In other words rather than take charge of a whole side you could play the campaign using just that lonely Aufklarungs Kompanie ME, and the OpAI would give you orders/objectives/etc. Is this true?

No. The AI can play any roles, including subordinates or superior commands. If subordinate, you can give it high level instructions (mainly setting its stance, Attack / Defend, etc). If superior, it does not have the ability to set your orders.

Hunter

Originally posted by Hunter:

No. The AI can play any roles, including subordinates or superior commands. If subordinate, you can give it high level instructions (mainly setting its stance, Attack / Defend, etc). If superior, it does not have the ability to set your orders.

Hunter [/QB]

OK...I suppose the scenario objectives are fairly explicit anyway, negating the need for the AI to tell you to take an objective. Another question though: if the AI is superior, will you be able to request artillery, reinforcements, etc?