ROW 6?

Londoner

Hi, in the context you have posted the maximum number really makes no difference.

I have yet to swing by the ROW thread but just thinking out aloud if you wanted a CMC tourney you would engineer several engagements where force preservation was essential.

These forces could then be passed between each game.

In a tourney context you would still only have two players in each campaign? You would have multiple instances of that campaign. You would also then have a Russian and a German winner as you would have to enforce player sides. I.e. Russian for all games or German for all games?

H

Hmmm you have me thinking...

What we tried to do in the Luga tourney was have interconnected small scenarios for players to play.

I really want to see how CMC works out to see if we can do something similar but better with CMC.

Hmmmm

I am hoping Kip and Andreas will get themselves on the beta team PDQ so we can have a better idea on what can be done.

smile.gif

H

P.s. Londoner did you want the next scenario in the tourney?

Originally posted by Holien:

Hi, in the context you have posted the maximum number really makes no difference.

I have yet to swing by the ROW thread but just thinking out aloud if you wanted a CMC tourney you would engineer several engagements where force preservation was essential.

These forces could then be passed between each game.

In a tourney context you would still only have two players in each campaign? You would have multiple instances of that campaign. You would also then have a Russian and a German winner as you would have to enforce player sides. I.e. Russian for all games or German for all games?

H

Hmmm interesting, I see. Could you not play a team based game, akin to CMMC?

Hmmm you have me thinking...

What we tried to do in the Luga tourney was have interconnected small scenarios for players to play.

I really want to see how CMC works out to see if we can do something similar but better with CMC.

Hmmmm

I am hoping Kip and Andreas will get themselves on the beta team PDQ so we can have a better idea on what can be done.

I liked the Luga format, it was nicely done. Map and "scenario" design will surely be a massive task in CMC, somewhat unavoidably I suppose, but there's so much potential here... :D

Originally posted by Holien:

Yes Please! This is an evil, evil scenario :D . So much nervous tension here. It really helped having a mature opponent though - the suspension of disbelief was complete. The Blitzkreg rolled right at me, (and eventually through me!) in true 32 bit colour. For me it was all about sweat, swearing and eventually sreaming! The armoured wedge that hit my lines was quality, skillfully and elegantly handled Wald. I'll email you the last file as soon as I get it.

Who designed it btw?

Evidently, Londoner, as I read the FAQ pages, etc for CMC, I gather these points:

(1) Largest formation that plays well in CMC is the division level formation;

(2) AI-controlled officers fill in command positions not filled by players;

(3) So, based on those two things and a rough idea of how many "commanders" - battalion level (an assumption on my part) and above in a division-level organization, I would say the maximum number is 16 per side;

(4) I figure that number as follows:

1 Division CO

3 Regiment/Brigade COs

9 Battalion COs

perhaps 3 more "Battalion COs" to command tactical formations that are groupings of 'left-overs' from battalion-based battlegroups.

More or less, but that's my final guess.(grin)

Originally posted by Londoner:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Holien:

Yes Please! This is an evil, evil scenario :D . So much nervous tension here. It really helped having a mature opponent though - the suspension of disbelief was complete. The Blitzkreg rolled right at me, (and eventually through me!) in true 32 bit colour. For me it was all about sweat, swearing and eventually sreaming! The armoured wedge that hit my lines was quality, skillfully and elegantly handled Wald. I'll email you the last file as soon as I get it.

Who designed it btw? </font>

We do something along these lines over at CMOC (Anton, you should check it out). German and Brit team commanders make operational decisions using a different game interface, and we grunts fight out the tactical battles with CMAK. Force preservation is essential from battle to battle, because the "dungeon master" notes every casualty, ammo expenditure, and unit placement details every single battle. It is recorded and things are adjusted accordingly. I don't know how Frans finds time to do it as it must be seriously tedious . . .but he does.