Artillery ineffective

I have to post yet another annoyance. The Al Amarah mission is very high difficulty setup and challenge loving as i am, i have fruitlessly tried to get trough the initial standup. This seems to be mostly because 81mm tubes are like 50mm from the CMx1, altough much less lethal. It is the only heavy asset i can fire on the roof hugging reds, so i just cant shrug this one off.

I see few militia squads on the roof, who are getting 10 airburst on top of their heads, but still they dont cower. Oh and one of them just popped my Stryker just in the middle of the dead on artillery fire. Suppressions seems to be nonexistant.

Thats just not the way of real life. People die if they stand on the roof and get 81mm airburst on top of their heads, no to mention several. They die, every one of them and nearby jihadis will get shell shocked, even the wannabe Arnold types. Quick tweaking is needed with this one.

BTW, artillery orders can be issued during pause in all difficulty settings, which is good.

I forgot to even use my mortars on that mission. I started on Highway 4 near the town in a defensive posture (Strykers giving cover to infantry, they were dismounted). As soon as it started, it turned out there were quite a few on the roof tops on the adjacent buildings, but the fire from my infantry and strykers either killed them or made them run (within the first minute). From their I just did bounding overwatch and jumped from rooftop to rooftop.

For the most part it worked too,I only had 4 men killed and 16 wounded, with about 4 strykers down (those things are extrememly vulnerable).