Night vision - For me

OG_Gleep

Is there no option within the engine at all to give us the ability to counter-act the darkness in nighttime missions?

At a minimum there should be a gamma slider, which I haven't seen.

I don't think the atmosphere should impeed gameplay. Currently I can't tell which end is up and which end is down in nighttime missions.

Games like the UFO series, have vision filters, if your troops have NV, your entire view switches as if looking through NV goggles. If you have IR, it does the same.

If realism is concnered, make us select a unit, lock us down to their view level and turn on whatever they are equipped with, NV, thermal etc.

Something, anything.

-Edit -

I alt-tabbed out of CMSF while I was writing this (this is my secondary box), to check on a patch download. Walked away because I couldn't see anyway and was waiting for a response here. That was a while ago. Sat down to give it a go, brought up cmsf and now the screen is how you would expect night time to be handled in a game. I can see. Its still clearly night time, but prior to this, it was as if I was in the desert, with no Moon light, and no flashlight. Which way is it supposed to be?

[ September 01, 2007, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: OG_Gleep ]