Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

SDB on FutureWeapons last night, also laser-guided JDAM

There was a great segment last night on the Small Diameter Bomb, designed to be used on all strike capable aircraft/UAV/UCAV and with multiple fuzing options once at target via JDAM guidance from as much as 40 mile launch standoff. From what I saw, there are three selectable modes: low airburst, impact and delay, the last enough to defeat three feet of reinforced concrete, making road culverts unhealthy hiding places. CEP is 6 feet, allowing for precision targeting and greatly reduced collateral damage. Don't recall hearing munition's weight mentioned or amount and type of explosive. Looked to be around 100 lbs. or so.

There was also a segment on a weapon I'd never heard of before, a laser guidance kit for the JDAM, allowing it to attack moving targets. Other terminal guidance seeker heads can also apparently be used, but their operational status is unknown to me and wasn't discussed other than theoretically.

Regards,

John Kettler