Dynamic lighting - the next step?

I'm wondering if/when we're going to see flares introduced to the game. I love this new unanticipated feature and I'm really hoping that you'll be able to expand on it in some way for 1.07.

At the moment Syrian infantry is utterly helpless at night. Thay can't see anything at all except when it's REALLY close, ie within a few metres. I find it hard to believe that their squad leaders or company commanders don't have a few flares stashed away for night operations.

Cheers for the heads-up on that one. I haven't got any mods installed yet. That sounds like a useful one.

Yeah, flares have been around for about 100 years. If Battlefront hadn't added dynamic lighting effects in 1.05, I'd never have dreamed of asking for this. To quote Paul Stanley (badly) 'when they're giving you something that you like say "GIVE ME MORE!"'

Originally posted by the Fighting Seabee:

Flares would be a pretty cool effect. We used them quite a bit when I was in the service.

Somewhat off topic, but I HIGHLY recommend the new tracersexplosions mod at cmmods. It makes the tracers a much more realistic reddish color and also adds color to the explosions. Very nice!

Sounds good...any pics from that ?

The beauty of the CM:SF Mod system is that you can try any mod in seconds and if you don't like it you can remove it just as quickly. I've created two folders, one called "Z" and one called "A". Anything I decide I don't want to use I just cut and paste into the A folder. If I ever want it back I just cut and paste it into the Z folder again. Couldn't be simpler.

I recommend the tracer mod too. I tried it and will be keeping it in my Z folder for the foreseeable future. Red tracer streaking towards your men really looks frightening!