mods

hi,firstly thanks to all who make all the mods, first class job. I have a couple of questions regarding the mods i want to make. firstly I want to "add" a background (music) track to the existing file. I have tried several times but end up with either loud hiss or no background at all? The file has been converted to wav and mixed in with the original using audacity, I then dropped it in the Z folder. but alas no joy. The file (one of several tried is a track from Black Hawk Down. The length of the track is however longer than the original but I guess it will just loop the same? this is One of a few questions but i'll post the others later. Many thanks in advance to any who can help. Richard

I am not 100% on this but it may have to do with your bit size and Khz not matching. In CMX1 the sound file replacement had to be at the same bit and Khz as the original file. It may be the same thing in CMSF. Check and see (if you already haven't) what the original sound file is saved at and if the one you made doesn't match, convert it. Example, Theme.wav is saved at 16 bit 44.100Khz...your Black Hawk Down wav is saved at 8 bit and 22.100Khz...convert to 16 bit 44.100Khz.

Hope that gets you started in the right direction.

Mord.

Cheers Mord. Will have a go, would you kmow how I can identify the guns (M1A1 machine guns, stryker Mgs),they soumd a little bit tame so i want to spice them up a bit, but can't find the names in exploded files. I have got replacements that sound good. thanks for your help.

You're welcome bro.

I don't know much about the sounds in CMSF, especially what wav goes with what effect. I haven't screwed around with it as much as CMX1. Someone may have made a sound map but I don't recall reading about one. Unfortunately all you can do barring that is click through all your sounds until you find the weapon wavs. If it's like CMX1 all of them should be grouped together so finding it from there is just a matter of time.

LOL GOOD LUCK, man! There's probably a ton of wav files!

Mord.

P.S. Does anybody know if there's a sound map available? Or does anybody know the name of the M1A1 And Stryker MG wav files?