Turn testing

I am eagerly waiting your new Combat Mission game and I have one idea for feature which should be included in your new engine, it is turn testing which is actually taken from Laser Squad Nemesis, great turn based sci-fi game. It would be great to be able to test your own turns before they are committed, of course there should be random factors involved like weapons accuracy and vehicle bogging and things like that. But it would be great to get overview what would happen after your moves, ofcourse you cannot calculate what enemy is doing but only to be able to test your own moves and see what may happen if enemies stay stationary. Is this kind of turn testing planned to be include, if not could you include this?

I hope it won't make it in.

Don't get me wrong. In itself it is a charming feature but half the fun of CM is stringing something awfully complex together and sweating it out while waiting to see if you haven't messed things up. Besides, there is just so much the oppostion could do to throw a spanner in the works that it won't be all that useful in the end. Better use the brain jar nutriant needed for this to make CM work even better in single player.

Mind you, all this from a player who still refers to this title as Shock Farce so my opinion doesn't count for much. :(

'Turn testing' might be a bit tricky if CMSF is weighted as heavily towards realtime play as it seems to be from bones tossed. BFC says the game will either run 'legacy' WEGO turn based or realtime (Drop Team's a realtime tacitcal game). And I think they said unlike CMx1 the turn-based mode might be instantaneous instead of staring at the progress bar every minute. I guess if you're playing against the AI you might be able to do that CMx1 trick of saving your turn, continuing the game, quitting, then opening the previous turn to do your 'redo'.Of course whenever I tried that trick the ricochette against my tank the previous turn is an explosve penetration the second time around! ;)

[ June 12, 2006, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]