So why not "Operation Desert Sabre" ?

Originally posted by Dillweed:

Would gulf war 1 tank battles really be fun? Certainly not for the Iraqui side.

Makes sense... how many Iraqi tanks were killed without Allied loss again? That said, I can't see the game as announced being much different in that regard. I'm hoping that the emphasis on urban combat improvements will make the new scenario interesting to play.

I'm still thinking not doing a 'Fulda `85' or similar is a huge missed opportunity, though... man, would that have been fun. Ah well.. roll on Stalingrad tongue.gif

Originally posted by Dillweed:

Would gulf war 1 tank battles really be fun? Certainly not for the Iraqui side. I imagine it would get pretty old for the coalition. Set up a CMBO game for pure amor. Be germans and select all tigers, set the allies to all shermans. Fun at first, but gets old pretty fast.

I agree with that. It's the possibility of such a game that made me leary of modern settings.

I think the whole point of going with a fictional setting is that BFC can tweak it to maximize the opportunity for the sort of fighting they think it'll be fun to game. (Well, the most fun for the most people - you can't please everyone all the time. Not without lying.)