Preview mission for Task Force Panther released

Originally posted by SgtMuhammed:

Are you planning on incorporating your Aleppo scenario into this campaign?

Already done; it is mission 1 (hey that rhymed). It is a new version, larger map and scaled correctly, with some extra surprises thrown in :D .

Originally posted by SgtMuhammed:

Nice. I liked the early versions. I use it a lot to test infantry behavior.

I am finding that the entire campaign is a demonstration of CMSF's infantry capability.

It is almost exclusively light; a couple of Bradleys in one scenario, and a couple of Abrams in another, with a total of two scenarios having Syrian vehicles heavier than a BTR. Other than that, it has nothing heavier than BTRs and Humvees.

Originally posted by Adam1:

This is really similar to what I'm doing with the St. Lo campaign as far as map making. It's CM1, but even there I notice you really need to add in your own minor elevation touches for the right variety in ground undulation. For example, I made a map of my own neighbourhood using all the Google Earth map elevation details and it was much much too flat overall. You definitely need to be tweaking and making use of those unused 9m per 10. smile.gif It also becomes apparent using the CMSF editor this way that the 8x8 grids aren't small enough to really do that. Even when you have bits of ground dipping and bumping 1-2M where they ought to, they come out like big shallow ridges or dips. Liberal placement of trenches (or craters/foxholes in CM1) are necessary to make up for that. Just my experiences...

Absolutely. The verbatim copying of the real terrain is only the canvas, so to say. From that I make modifications according to my tastes and to enhance certain terrain for the scenario.