Taking possession of enemy weapons?

Steve,

You mentioned that forces would be able to arm themselves from APC's, trucks, and other such vehicles.

Any chance that weapons from downed enemy can also be taken custody of and used? I'm thinking of a RPG gunner that just got wasted, but his weapon is still intact.

I know in a firefight soldiers are sometimes reluctant to use an enemy weapon for fear of drawing friendly fire, but I have also read accounts where captured RPG's were used on the spot in an attempt to apply maximum firepower to the moment, or to breach a wall with some cheap enemy ammo when our own more expensive rounds were not available at the moment.

No chance. The circumstances for using enemy weapons are pretty rare. I've read of accounts too, but we're talking handfulls compared to the thousands of times this is not done. We don't want to code up a bunch of stuff for such few instances. The amount of work required to simply prevent gamey abuse of the feature is enough on its own to nix the concept. But there are lots of other problems too.

Steve