Any news about the PC specs?

Miska

You can get a decent gaming machine for under $500 (assuming you have all the extras already: case, monitor, keyboard, hard drive, etc.):

AMD 64 3000+ ~ $100

MSI Socket 939 M/B ~ $120

MSI GeForce 6600 VC PCI-E ~ $120

1GB RAM ~ $100

This setup can play most games on high graphics, next-gen FPS on medium. In 2-3 years, or spread over the next couple years, add on more RAM, a newer VC, and a faster processor. With the add-ons/replacements you'll spend another $300-$400.

Total cost for a machine that can play most games that will ever grace it's hard drive at high detail for the next 5-6 years: $700-$900.

At least, that's my plan anyway.

(And it's quiet as well, the lowdest thing is the DVD drive when it's spinning.)

-Josh

its allways the same when upgrading the rig...

going t he value way and do several upgrades, or going high end and then having your gear degrade slowly through upperclass until it hits middle class where you have to upgrade (at least parts) again? :rolleyes:

personally i took the dive for some top notch gear, emptied my pockets so robbers would start to weep if they jump me :D

then again, i need the processing power for work anyways, so that 4800+x2 was set in stone anyways.. just the gfx choice was a bit game oriented, but then, who would build a porsche, and then weld some wooden charriot weels to it? :D

at least, now i know i cant do anything dumb anymore with that 2k€ anymore ;):D