Is it possible to rewind the action?

One of the great features of CMAK was the ability to rewind the action. This was really useful, particularly if a unit was recently struck and you wanted to see where the fire came from.

Is it possible to do this in CMSF? If not, is there any battle commentary that allows you to see exactly what happened during the engagement? For example; "Stryker hit by T-72"

Let me make my point clearer. BFC has stated they want detailed hit text during combat brought to CMSF. They also want kill tracking of units. If you want to interpret that as battle commentary ok, but I don't believe we are talking about a text file that you can access after battles. I hopt that clears up the confusion.

So Kill Tracking will be implemented at some point in the future? That's great. I miss that feature.

The detailed armor hits aren't that big a deal. Even on the Elite setting you can click on your target and see if it is still active. Does it matter where you hit it?

Won't all TOWs and Javs say 'Top Armor Penetration'

Won't all TOWs and Javs say 'Top Armor Penetration'
Not if the Javelin is in direct-attack mode. I think the TOW-2B has top-attack mode, but it's not modeled in the game? The missile actually explodes while flying over the vehicle and directs a explosively formed penetrator 90 degrees down into the top of the vehicle. Tech grogs correct me if i'm wrong here or this never made it to production.

Bringing back the ole' kill tracking would be great, especially since we can't watch the fun parts any longer what with RT.

Back to the original point, I'd also welcome the chance to rewind the Real-Time camera for 15-30 seconds, TiVO style.

Right now, it's extremely hard to tell what's happening in Real-Time mode when fighting in a heavily built-up area. The arguments of "realism" don't work for me because in reality, the local squad leader or LT would have probably have seen what happened.

Instead, as the single overseeing God Eye in RT mode, I'm left with a vehicle burning across the field and no clue what happened. Sure there's the occasional ambush that leaves the attacked troops clueless, but the old CM dealt with that just fine by not letting the troops spot the enemy.

So, if it's at all possible in the new engine, let me add another vote for a Rewind function in the RT mode.

Thanks,

Chris