How to make CMSF Exellent

Yes that's right, no typo, pun intended. And this is how:

- Enable WeGo in TCP/IP multiplayer games. Do this by forcing the RealTime mode to autopause the game every 60 seconds and allow players to give commands only during the pause. Unpause the game for another 60 seconds on the request of both players. Now you've turned RealTime into a turn-based WeGo, just without the replays.

- Allow players to purchase their units for multiplayer games. Not having this option takes away a lot of the fun and strategy from HvH games. As far as defining CM as an experience goes, this is the Next Big Thing right after WeGo.

- Bring back the Shoot & Scoot command. Essential for all vehicular modern combat. Can't live without.

- Reduce or remove terrain texture scaling. Currently terrain shapes are blurred out at any distance making it impossible to assess height differences properly. Also makes units look like they levitate when the terrain under them is drawn "simplified".

- Make left-click mouse camera control drag the map to the direction of the motion, instead of the camera. You can push the camera at screen edges. Remove mouse smoothing from all mouse camera controls to make them more accurate and responsive. Fix WASD camera controls and remove any acceleration curve for constant movement rates.

- Make controls customizable in the options menu. If possible bring back the right-click mouse command menu as an option to the command tabs.

- In single player games ask the player whether to start the turn replay or not instead of starting it automatically after the turn has been completed. There's already a pop-up signaling the end of the turn, just add "Yes / No" for launching replay.

These are all more or less urgent but all critical fixes and additions to truly make the game great - and live up to its hype and advertising.

YES, you HAVE to be able to purchase your units! I can't stress that point enough.

The devs don't need to worry about me abusing that function in online play because I don't think I'll ever be able to find an online opponent without some sort of real time match-making service and I don't see that happening.