Waypoint Graphic Oddity in v1.08

Gents,

As referenced in this thread,

I've noticed some waypoint plotting and playback oddities.

The first screenshot shows the Command Phase. All seems good....

cmsfwaypointtestcommandphase.jpg

Now, in the action phase, it still seems okay....

cmsfwaypointtestactionphase.jpg

But, the oddity creeps in the replay phase. Now do you see what I mean?

cmsfwaypointtestreplayphase.jpg

I'd think either the entire path should be shown, or none of it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ken

Well, I agree it should be one or the other -- either you see the Movement AND Targeting lines, or you see neither. Floating, disconnected target lines is a bit weird. . .

Personally, I'd lean towards showing all movement/target orders for a selected unit, all the time, but showing none of them when no unit is selected. This gives you a "informational" viewpoint for watching closely how a unit executes orders, and a "pretty" viewpoint for just enjoying the cinematics.

On a related note, I also agree with the oft floated idea that it would be nice to have a show all moves/waypoints toggle, as is in CMx1. Organizing coordinated movements is a PITA right now b/c there's no way to see all the unit paths at once. You have to keep clicking back and forth between units to make sure you're not ordering two vehicles to stop on the same spot, and stuff like that.

Cheers,

YD

Originally posted by Zatoichi:

'AltP' shows all movement points - this was introduced a good few patches back.

I would like a 'show all targeting lines' command too.

Thanks for that! I must have missed that reading over the voluminous changelog. . . I will definitely make use of this on my next play session.