Play both sides in the game?

They were initially talking about maybe also includng a little red-on-red QB action. Syrian government vs Syrian... er... insurgents? militias? loyalists? That would mean we'd get to fight T-55 vs T-55, which would be okay by me. Unfortunately, there's no telling how long their remaining 'to do' list is for the game or whether red-on-red QBs will make the final cut.

The chances of blue-on-blue fighting is probably entirely out of the question. No top-down Javelin strikes against rebel Abrams units, I guess ;)

Originally posted by MikeyD:

The chances of blue-on-blue fighting is probably entirely out of the question. No top-down Javelin strikes against rebel Abrams units, I guess ;)

Ahem...

From the official announcement:

"The campaign is single player only from the US side. Quick Battles and user made Scenarios (using the Editor) can be played from both sides. Additionally there is an option to play "Blue on Blue" where US forces face off against US forces."

Someone also asked about Red on Red. I don't see why not, so probably that too.

Steve

;)tongue.giftongue.gif:D

Ah! In another thread I was saying how the 'Syria' backstory didn't bother me because I considered the game one big OPFOR exercise, where the 'red' force could be named 'Munchkinland' for all I cared. Now, with the option of blue-on-blue fighting the OPFOR exercise aspect of the game really stands out. Excellent!

It's good to include blue-on-blue and red-on-red fighting imo, it eliminates all that whining about the other player having superior equipment! :D

I mean, it's not once or twice that *I* used to complain about my poor Soviet armour getting KOed several times before I could even get within effective range... redface.gif