Demo problem on mac

The following is from someone new to CM

I'm using an Aluminum case G4 Powerbook running OS 10.39, but I can run OS 9 on it as well. When the battle scene is supposed to start I get a black screen with a segmented white bar across part of the screens center, with the game sounds in the background. When I back out using the esc key and come back in I get a frozen keyboard and what looks like the starting position with a white bar across the bottom of the screen.

Dave

Dave,

Sounds like you are running it in “classic” as opposed to shutting OS X down and starting the machine in Mac OS 9.2.2.

Is there a blue Apple in the top left hand corner when you start it up or a rainbow one?

Do you know what MHz the G4 is? If it is an Aluminium one [1.0Ghz or faster] as opposed to a Titanium one [1.0Ghz or slower] then most likely it wont boot into OS 9 and CMAK won’t run.

If you can provide the machine size (12“, 15“, or 17”), whether it has FireWire 800 (or just 400) and its speed I can give you a definitive answer.

relee 41,

That model (and all from then on) will not boot in Mac OS 9.x and only runs it as “classic” whilst OS X is running.

As a result you can’t get CMBB to run from the Mac side and even more disturbing it doesn’t have an Intel chip so you can’t even install Windows and run the Windows version.

If only you had bought the model earlier (but no doubt running CMBB wasn’t your main criteria for buying the machine).

Sorry, can‘t help.