Any chance togo ahead and publish the readme?

Well because we found other stuff that was broken and BTS/ BFC decided it was worthwhile fixing it.

Personally, I think that's better than saying "We fixed X because that's is all you wanted fixed, but we found A, B, C, D, ... too but didn't bother to fix it, because you didn't ask".

Skelley

-The patch was supposed to focus on a few areas (low wall, stuck infantry). Why so big of a list?-

The initial impression I received shortly after 1.05 was released was that they would get the low wall bug fixed a.s.a.p. But when they 'fixed' it, apparently, they reintroduced the 'shooting through berms' bug. Therefore, the 'fix' to the problem was the new ELoS system. It's not hard to understand why that would require a lot of testing to get right and why there's as long list of fixes.

Maybe, but it also spreads the focus and takes more time and may cause other problems that need to be solved. Then when those extra problems are fixed do they cause more unintended problems? Seems like it could be a never ending circle. I'm not privy to all the thinking behind the extra fixes so I may be talking out of my ass. I just hope the time is being taken to examine the unintended consequences that may have popped up, so that it is not like last patch where last minute fixes left some glaring problems (low wall and stuck infantry).

Yeah, that's testing for you. It appears that they has a choice when fixing the low walls bug; re-introduce the 'shooting through the berms' bug which everyone hated or add the new ELoS system. Apparently, the low walls bug is fixed by the new ELoS system and Steve posted in another thread that the 'stuck infantry' has been largely fixed as well.

Of course, there are going to be some new problems with 1.06. But as long as it fixes what it purports to fix and doesn't introduce anything horrible, I'll welcome it.

As I understand it, BTS / BFC's approach with each iteration has been to:

1. Fix issues identified with the earlier version.

2. Add functionality or enhancements where possible.

When you get a look at 1.06 you will see that apart from major issues identified in this forum, other short comings (some mentioned here, some not) have been looked at and indeed some enhancements made.

Anyway hopefully it wont be too long before you can make your own assessment.