The more I play...

c3k,

Great to hear!

Something that makes the experience (even) better for me (and will be even more important with those megalomanic 13-men Marine squads), is to use predominantly split squads and the Assault movement in MOUT, for these remove most of the spreading-out issues that plague the other movement orders (for the time being).

Best regards,

Thomm

PS: Thank you once more for your bug reports!

Hmmm,

I ordered a squad forward, using assault. They got hit by a pop-up enemy. The TacAI redirected the squad into better nearby cover where they resumed the assault from a different direction, eliminating the pop-up enemy as well as the original target. Very good TacAI example. It seemed like my squad leader had learned something.

Red-base casualties: I leave 'em behind. Later, I sent some split squads back to them from a different platoon. They went into first-aid posture and "evacuated" the red-base casualties. I did not expect that. Nice detail.

M240 team got hit. 2 of 4 red-based. The other two found cover. Later, I found that the machinegun had been left behind. I moved the two survivors back to the scene. They did the first-aid thing AND recovered the M240. Cool.

There's more in that vein. Doorway use, posturing, attacking targets, etc.

Regards,

Ken

i found this is often just pure luck. in the same scenario i see a group assaultin sucessfully, evading something on their own. 5 turns later they evade on their own again, but do it crapy and they draw even more fire and get themselfs casualties.

also the weapon pickup. i really needed this weapons in that game, but no, neither the last man of the ATGM team picked up the ATGM next to him in the trench after he mediced his buddies nor the SPG9 in the same trench got reused by the last member of the team.

so as often as i see this behaviour suceed i see it fail too.

Because of the way they have incrementally improved this game since it was released, it is possible to overlook just how much it has improved in the last nine months. When I started playing it when it was first released, I didn't have very high expectations and so I thought it was pretty cool but nothing extraordinary. But now, it's easily the best wargame I've EVER played bar none. AND, with the new module coming it's about to get even better. I can't wait to see just what this engine is capable of doing in another years time or when the WW2 module comes out.

I think I've already spent more time playing this game even than I spent playing Civ 3 and Civ 4 combined and that's saying something. With the Marines module coming out soon, I expect I'll continue to spend all my time on this title for a considerable time to come.