Mission to test

Hey,

A new mission: Counterattack on Kenba Har. In this one you (Syria - RED!) need to take back the town of Kenba Har lost in the mission "Assault on Kenba Har" by Stalintc. This mission is fairly simple and easy.

It has 3 phases for Syrian player:

1) recce and establishing contact (ATGM platoon and recce platoon + FO

2) tank platoon takes supporting positions

3) Mech Company (BMP-1) makes the main assault

Feedback appreciated, as this is not the final version!

Link:

http://files-upload.com/414910/CounterattackonGenbaHar.btt.html

On that site, wait for the counter to run to 0 and then click "download"...

Zip

I tried it, but for my personal taste there are way to many units to keep track of. I'm newly converted to RT play, (after having been a big time hater of those games) so I find that any scenerio with more than 15 units or so is too much for me to deal with. I played for about an hour I think, quite casually. One thing I found was that any time I dismounted the BMPs that at least 90% of the guys were gunned down within seconds. I've never seen so much devastation. Of course it doesn't help that they run out into the wide open to "form up". But nonetheless, it was an eye opener. Also, the Syrian arty just sucks. Felt like I was playing CMBB as Russians.

Anyway, I think it'll be a very good scenario in the. Just not for me.

Cheers!

Yeah, I advise to play this one in turn-based mode! Otherwise you may have your hands more than full as in this mission you have control of tank platoon + BMP-1 company.

Another advise is not to dismount in the open when taking the town. With the tanks you can quite nicely control way things are going in the town (from near the Obs Point) and with your BMPs dismount the indians so that they are behind buildings etc. where the enemy cannot fire at them when the doors are opened.

Once you get the outskirts with your troops it's easy to take the rest as in that point you should have some 5 times the firepower the Americans have. But this of course only if you managed to keep the tanks and BMPs alive! smile.gif

Zip

Great scenario!!

I played this as RTS 3 times, won it finally on the 3rd try, though with some significant casualties.

To make it easier, I suggest adding another tank platoon, either T-54s or understrength T-62s.

It takes a lot of caution and planning, but it is winnable and a great challenge. Please keep up the good work!

This is why I hope they open up the scenario depot for CMSF soon, so many jewels like this will get lost in the board shuffle.