Balancing, Rarity and Outdated Stuff

Joachim

I don't mean that rarity would be skipped totally. The inclusion list would just do the first round of rarity. You could use any rarity system for the units that were chosen to be included.

So what's wrong with just agreeing on which units to include? The number of units is one. If you remember there were some QB buying rules like "short 75" etc. The bad thing was that sometimes they were difficult to remember and could lead to other player remembering that some unit was included when it wasn't. Using that list idea, those buying rules could be made and also enforced.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean with the Battalion XIII example, maybe it's too late.

Do you mean that for a campaign there could be a absolute number of units of some type? That if 2 rare antimatter-disrupter squads were destroyed in battle1, they would be that much rarer in following battles?

Nothing was wrong with the QB purchase rules. But that's the point. If players would simply use for example an artifical rule like the Short-75, than BTC doesn't need to waste time on a rarity system.

But I doesn't meant to skip the rarity completly. But the system that is used now doesn't make much sense. Why should I purchase an completly outdated tank with +200% rarity markup when I can have a whole platoon of up-to-date tanks for the same price? That leads us to Battalion XIII. Shall we say, the historical OOB says it had AD-squads at the chosen date and place. So even if this would be the rarest ever used unit in the whole war, a purchase markup ain't needed, cause they were indeed there. What I think is, the rarity should not be determined with something artifical like purchase points, but by available numbers of units. Shall we say, at this time and that place you have only two platoons of AD-squads available. So you must purchase something else for the rest of your purchase points.

The following would be of course only necessary within some kind of campaign mode: Yes, if the most AD-squads were killed in battle one,you have less available in battle two. You see, you have a starting pool of units, but the number of units decreases corresponding to your casualties (+ reinforcements, if available)