Question on Terrain Objectives

In the last battle I played (Paradise Road Mk I) one of my objectives was to secure an exit road. At the end of the scenario, I had a reduced strength rifle squad (6 men) heading towards it but they were still about 50 to 100 metres away. The scenario results screen gave me the points anyway, saying the objective had been achieved. Does this mean you don't actually have to occupy an objective if you are the player with the most good order troops near the objective, or is it a bug?

Oh brother, not another bug!

I had a go of "Call of Duty 4: Modern Combat" the other day (I'm a Games Tester) and I can tell you, come November I don't think I'll be giving CM:SF another look for a long time until all the bugs are fixed. COD4 may be a shallow arcade shooter but it has action in bucket-loads and none of the problems of CM:SF. I haven't smiled so much playing a game in ages!