Bug? No way to buy hvy wpns formations

In the CMBB scenario editor, the only way you can get a heavy weapons company is if you buy it as part of the entire battalion. This requires you to have the battalion HQ in the battle just to get the heavy weapons company.

This didn't used to be the case in CMBO, which makes me wonder if this was an intentional feature change or not. If so, I would like to request that it be changed back to the old way.

I suppose that could be a problem for quick battles, but I am talking about the scenario editor, where you can add as many battalions as you want.

Suppose I want to create a historical battle with an infantry company supported by attached MG platoon - there is no easy way to do this. I can kludge it and select an infantry platoon, delete all squads, and then buy a couple of machine guns, but this is a workaround for a limitation that doesn't need to be there in the scenario editor.