Stryker MGS in action (first pics?)

47716xa1.jpg

Stryker Soldiers with Company B, 4-9 Infantry Regiment, walk through a village in the outskirts of Baqubah, as the Mobile Gun System Stryker variant pulls security down a road, June 20. Soldiers of 4th Battalion, 9th Infantry Regiment, 4th Stryker Brigade Combat Team are assisting Soldiers of 3rd Stryker Brigade Combat Team in the clearing of Baqubah, a major operation known as "Arrowhead Ripper," by isolating Baqubah just outside the city limits, to prevent insurgents from getting in, or out, of the city. Both Stryker brigades are with the 2nd Infantry Division, from Fort Lewis, Wash.
47720bw1.jpg

Originally posted by PSY:

What's the latest on how close a soldier can be to the Stryker MGS when the gun fires. I seem to recall hearing something about it being extremely dangerous for someone to be outside and nearby the MGS when it fires.

For guns that size danger area is something in the class of 200m to front and 25m to sides from the muzzle. It is perfectly safe to stand behind or on the side of it when it fires though.

cool, the first pic was taken by a Nikon D2H and the second one with a Nikon D70. (i'm a camera grog :D ). Where did you get the pics ? Those are unmodified straight out of the camera originals since I could read the exif off them. The exif is the file indicating what were the settings on the camera, like shutter speed, aperture and all, I can tell you the second one was taken at 09:32:27 on june 19th, very recent :eek: It also tells me the guy didnt use his flash, geee I wonder why ;)

Those pics are 100% sized, do you want me to reduce them in photoshop for showing in the forums ? I downloaded them. I can send you the scaled down versions by email so you can put them on your server

[ June 21, 2007, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: antawar ]

Wow, MGS finally makes in into iraq - and just in time for the game too! BFC should send the DoD a letter of thanks for the coincidental timing of the deployment. Remember, awhile ago BFC had been actively considering yanking MGS from the game if it was going to be late deploying in the 'real world'.

Originally posted by antawar:

cool, the first pic was taken by a Nikon D2H and the second one with a Nikon D70. (i'm a camera grog :D ). Where did you get the pics ? Those are unmodified straight out of the camera originals since I could read the exif off them. The exif is the file indicating what were the settings on the camera, like shutter speed, aperture and all, I can tell you the second one was taken at 09:32:27 on june 19th, very recent :eek: It also tells me the guy didnt use his flash, geee I wonder why ;)

Those pics are 100% sized, do you want me to reduce them in photoshop for showing in the forums ? I downloaded them. I can send you the scaled down versions by email so you can put them on your server

I pulled 'em off of militaryphotos.com, and presumably they pulled them off of army.mil.

If you wouldn't mind resizing them, go ahead and post them yourself and i'll take them out of the first post.