Camera Controls

I don't want to repost, what I said about camera controls in strategy games on the ToW forum, so here the direct link:

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=63;t=000045#000000

In short: Implement the orbiting camera from Google Earth, instead of badly reinventing the wheel.

Speaking of wheel - Now that you found out about the mouse wheel and finally make use of it in CMSF, here is more news: It can be also pressed and used as a third button. For example you could rotate the camera by holding the wheel pressed, instead of wasting the right button for this.

Originally posted by Exel:

WASD for camera movement, mouselook for camera rotation. Faster and more intuitive to use. No clicks needed, mouse buttons freed for more important tasks.

Would be true Exel if the keyboard commands would translate in smooth camera movement, which on my rig, they do not.

Mouse view is the only way to smoothly control the camera unfortunately.

As might be the case with the OP.

Originally posted by Yskonyn:

Would be true Exel if the keyboard commands would translate in smooth camera movement, which on my rig, they do not.

Mouse view is the only way to smoothly control the camera unfortunately.

True, but it's a bug an I expect it to be fixed soon.