Bug: tank reinforcement appears when games starts

Game version: Battlefront download 1.01

I started testing the scenario editor and found a bug.

Chose some units to appear when game starts for red and blue.

Then for red made reinforcement1,

Earliest arrival: 5 minutes

span: Exact

To this reinforcement I selected several units. Most appeared just like they should.

Examples: Infantry/Antitank platoon and Mech Infantry/Tank company.

*** bug ***

When adding Infantry/static tank battery to reinforcement this unit does not appear after 5 minutes. It is there already when the game starts. Tanks are immobilized and basically doing nothing. All crew members have status Waiting.

So it seems this is some rare bug that has to do with some units only.

Not a bug at all. Did you notice there are no reinforcement flags? All units show up on the map so you can place where you want them to come in. Once you actually play the game, they will not be there and will come in at the 5 minute mark.

Rune

If you mean you were playing and they are there right away, that would be...but never saw it.

I mean that I was playing it and the static tanks were shown in the beginning.

I tested what Darius suggested and that is close to how it works now. They are sort of like dug in tanks in CMx1 games, except they are not dug in smile.gif just immobilized and waiting. You can give them target commands etc. but nothing happens.

When reinforcements should arrive, then waiting stops and the tanks will actually shoot if you give them target command. Before reinforcement arrival they just wait there. No idea how it should work.

Hmm. Kind of makes sense - adding immobile units (bunkers, mines) as reinforcements is bound to produce unexpected behaviour. Quite funny that they wouldn't react until the reinforcements arrived - a clever scenario designer (do we know of any?) could find uses to this.