May I ask

I apologise in advance if this has been asked or is mentioned somewhere, but I did a search on Field of View and came up with 3 posts, all irrelevant to my issue.

When playing, if I select one of my units, all the units that can't be seen by the unit I have selected disappear.

Now I know the reason why this is programmed in, and for the enemy, it's a good thing. I want to select a unit and see what enemy units that selected unit can see....but I don't want my units disappearing.

Is this by design? Is there a reason why it's beneficial to have my units disappear? I cannot think of any plus points for the system being this way and it just irks me everytime I play.

It's quite disconcerting to have your units disappear when you select a unit...not to mention when you are moving units...not having the situational awareness of your other units is not good for me.

So my question is, will this be changed?