Suggestions on handling sounds?

Okay, there were a number of sound complaints (or gripes) about CMBB and AK that I hope will be addressed. What do you want - and not want - to see for CMx2 sounds.

First, the CM1 ambiant noise level tends to be too much in the foreground. Its one thing to have a chirping bird, another thing to have one sitting on your shoulder screaming into your ear (you can tell I use headphones). Push background noise faaaaar into the background.

Next, Explosions. CM has lots of 'em, but unless they're a tank gun firing they seem to not have much oomph (especially falling mortars). I'm not taking ear-bleeding loud but if the background gets dialed down the explosions should be bumped just enough to throw 'em prominently into the foreground.

What new sounds stuff should BFC consider for the game? Go a bit more hard-edged on the voices? I still recall that creepy old game "Postal" that has a woman screaming "My eyes! My eyes!" Should groans and cries of the wounded be included?