Time Compression

Hi Battlefront,

I am really enjoying the game very much. I have a question about time compression regarding wego and RT.

Wego: I can move quickly through or end the game replay. However while in the move I cannot find a way to accelerate the time.

RT: In realtime it would be handy to be able to play at a reduced or faster speed.

regards John

Let me try and explain this

Time compression and the fast forward button are gone because turns are different than in CM 1

It used to be you inputted your orders and you would see the processing bars move and then your turn would play

What would happen is the game would process your turn and then you would see a replay of the turn

But now what happens is you press the turn button after inputting your orders and you actualy watch one minute of the action as it happens

That is why the replay options are fewer than before

I think it works out for the better since turns no longer have to be processed

But very early in the beta I switched over to RT and never looked back

Quite a few RT games have time compression. It's a whole different subject from the WEGO debate, as it's related to moving through ingame actions quicker, not rewinding to view again, and hence doesn't involve storing data the way the WEGO system does. It would probably only be applicable to RT games though, as WEGO has to store all the turn data anyway.

That said, I'm not sure how practical it would be to implement such a system in this engine.