Squads lose Command in v1.05

c3k

Gents,

I've been playing with a single US platoon. In it, I've noticed a squad- usually 3rd squad - losing command. I double click on the HQ and all units except 3rd squad get their icons highlighted. Selecting 3rd squad shows no command icons - the eyeball, yelling mouth, pda thing, and that other electronic thingie. (tip tool anyone?)

The conditions are night, crack, there is NO incoming fire nor has there been.

In all cases 3rd squad stays out of command no matter the range to HQ. Even with the HQ element INSIDE the squad, it stays out of command. This includes having the squad leader ON TOP OF the platoon leader (don't ask...don't tell).

Has anyone else seen this?

I have replicated this.

Thanks.

Ken

Phillip,

It's a simple homemade scenario. I selected one dismounted US Stryker platoon and one Syrian Reserve platoon. I placed intervening terrain between them. Night time. The sole purpose was to familiarize myself with the game.

If you'd like, I can send you the scenario. I'll try to gin up a quick savegame.

Thanks,

Ken

Does Syria troops tend to freeze and is that hard-coded feature?

I played own made scenario. It was dusk, and it was getting dark (07.00 PM) Syria vs Syria scenarion. ALL my infantrysquads, HMG-, AT-teams, bailed out vehiclecrews, all commanders freezed, and they didn't move atall, they just kept planningtheir waypoints. Only vehicles were capable to move around (= finishing their waypoint planning).

This happened after about 30 minutes of scenario had passed. Same seemed to apply for opfor (Syrian rebublic guards), altought for them my AI plans were flawed: Reinforcement's setupzones in AI-plan didn't correspond to spot to where they arrived, freezing happened in about same moment opfor had their reinforcements.

Personally i would doupt that it's those flawed AI-plans which then locked whole infantry AI waypoint system for both sides... But is that possible?

I have savegame from that moment when they were frozed (if that does anygood). Scenario itself has been changed to work in daylight and flaws in AI plans have been fixed. After test run whole battle seemed to ran well, no freezing (atleast in that scale).

I have the scenario in which this problem gets replicated. I tried to create another scenario, but to no avail.

The differences were terrain, setup zone, presence of enemy, and specific PLATOON and COMPANY used.

I can try to isolate all the variables. It could be something as minute as only 3rd squad, 3rd platoon, C company.

BF.C, any interest in my tracking this down? Or, has it already been discovered?

I ask because it seems like there are other isolated instances, such as the one you mentioned.

Let me know.

Thanks.

Ken